So in case you didn't read the last post- WE GOT OUR CERTIFICATION TODAY!!!!!! This is the piece we have been waiting for so we can move forward with the adoption. So the court has said we are "fit to adopt" (they obviously haven't read the "mother of the Year Monday" posts from our family blog)! I guess Andrew and and Annabelle were the proof they needed:)
So next steps:
1) Get pics taken tomorrow of just Bill and I
2) Sent them to CAC so Tracie can complete our "Family Profile" (which is totally complete except these few photos).
3) Fill out applications for as many agencies as we want. We are focusing on 2 right now(both in Utah)
4) Send our profile, additional paperwork and home study documentation to the agencies we have chosen by Friday hopefully
5) Get matched with a birth mom
6) Bring home baby #3
AAAHHH!!!! Sounds easy right? NOT SO MUCH!!! We have a ton of extra documentation to get together for these agencies (I am filling out 21 page applications after posting this blog). All of that said, we would like to have this all finished by Friday- MY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!!!
(Just a side note, with our first two adoptions, we spent my birthday getting our fingerprints done. And by the way, National Adoption Day is also on my birthday. It kind of seems fitting doesn't it??!!)
Getting back to the matter at hand... Getting matched with a birth mom is also very tricky. We would like to do this only once, but we know that is in God's hands, not ours. Please be praying for our family during this exciting time. We want to make decisions based on God's wisdom and discernment, not on emotion and adrenaline. Please also pray for our baby's birth mom. Pray that she would have a peace about her decision even now. Pray her boldness and conviction in giving her baby to us and that it would be out of a heart filled with confidence and hope for her future. Thank you for joining us on this journey!