Sunday, October 17, 2010

Finished the Family Profile

What is a Family Profile you ask?  Well it is 27 little questions that will match us with a birth mom...  No big deal right?  BIG FRIGGIN DEAL IS WHAT I SAY!!!  I sat down at the computer at 1:00 and took a deep breath, spent some time in prayer and started writing.  My sweet friends who have done this before told me not to "sweat the small stuff".  I could drive myself crazy wondering how to phrase something or thinking about what a birth mom might want to see.  So I just wrote.  27 questions some 3500 words and 4 hours later I am finished.  Sigh of relief anyone?  Sort of...  This means that I now have 2 more steps to complete before we can being sending out our profile.  One is glorious because I have no control over it- certification from the state!   I know, those of you who know me well say. "did she just say glorious and out of my control in one sentence"?  Yes, I did...  Adoption is changing me...  And truly I HAVE NO CONTROL (even if I wanted to).  We just wait for that to come in the mail!  Second is pictures...  Molly, you say, seriously?  You could find the 80-100 pictures you need between your two blogs!  Although think about it, do I want a birth mom reading my "mother of the year monday" posts?  I don't think so!  Do I want her to see the pics of Andrew's mess (chocolate syrup, flour, eggs and fish oil ring a bell)? Not a chance!!!  I do have 132 pics put together with our shiniest smiles and our neatest hair.  Here comes the but... BUT I do not have any pics of Bill and I together (since our Wedding in 2001) YIKES!!!  Let me tell you I am SUPER excited to go have a photo shoot-BOOO!!!  I love my husband for sure, but I am not looking forward to a few hours of getting our pics taken hoping we get 30-40 good ones (yes, that's how many they want of us).  Okay, bright side Molly!  You will get to spend 2 kid free hours with your husband gazing into each other's eyes. Yea, I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment